LGBTQ* Easter Eggs You May Have Missed
Try typing in BISEXUAL, GAY, TRANSGENDER, or LESBIAN into Google’s search engine today.
The world’s #1 search engine company honors pride (again) with rainbow search bars.
LGBTQ* People You Should Know
ALAN TURING - June 23, 1912 - June 7, 1954 (Happy Birthday, Sir!)
* British Mathematician
* Cracked the “unbreakable” German secret code during WWII
* Helped formulate the concepts of algorithms (a finite set of well-defined instructions for accomplishing some task )
* Created coding system which helped lead to modern computers
*Tried and convicted for “gross indecency” in the early 1950’s
* Due to clasified status, British government (following trial) deemed his wartime achievements and work inadmissible
* Forced to chose between prison sentence or “organo-therapy” (experimental hormone therapy)
* Opted for “therapy” over prison
* Hormones and medications assisted in Turing becoming chemically depressed
* 1954 - Turing committed suicide (less than a decade after his critical role in wartime efforts and saving countless lives through his research)